- Recursion is cancelled if a destination path is given.
- Maximum supported path length is 1024 characters.
Limitations of the MATCH selector:
- Only one pattern per match is allowed.
- Only one set of the '[' and ']' selection designators can be given for each match.
- String mode, Single character mode and Character code mode can't be used together. Any given match must use only one of those modes at a time.
- Patterns and the '[', ']' and '|' indicators are only valid for string mode. They have no effect in single character mode or character code mode.
Limitations in Renumbering:
- Numbers in filenames from 0 to 999999999 can be handled.
- No wildcards can be used and when a destination path is supplied no clash checking takes place (it is assumed that the destination directory contains no filenames that can clash with the filenames that will be moved there).
- No filenames that contain wildcard characters can be used, because pattern matching is used to collect the filenames of the sequence.
- Any numbers that have a different format to that of the first number scanned will not be renumbered: if the first number is 001 and 02,03 follow, these will not be renumbered because SRename will expect to find 002 and 003.
- A filename clash can not be resolved if the clashing filename is outside the range of filenames to be renumbered ("New number already exists" error).